Konova

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Macbook Air vs iPad 2

iPad-2-vs-MacBook-Air-1-2011-03-19-10-25.jpgiPad-2-vs-MacBook-Air-2-2011-03-19-10-25.jpg

Photo Credit (Redmond Pie)
  • iPad 2 has a thickness of 8.8mm (thinner than iPhone 4) whereas the Macbook Air is 17 mm at its thickest, and 2.8mm at its thinnest.
  • It looks like the Air is much thinner.
  • Which one will you carry around? As for me - I carry around my MBA at the office/home and my iPad 1 is mainly at home or during my travel (outside office) or vacation. Of course I need to carry my iPhone 4 (since my iPad is WiFi only)
  • MBA can do a lot more for my work as compared to iPad. Nothing can replace the Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, Emailing, Surfing.
  • But the iPad excel in other ways - light browsing, digital newspaper, ebook reading, gaming, watching videos...
  • I used to list down 13 reasons why I like my iPad. I tried to purchase a lot of Productivity Apps after a month of usage thinking it can "really" increase my daily productivity.
  • After 2 months of usage, I tried downloading several apps that can read PDF files to make my life easier reading eBooks. But it still failed to change my reading lifestyle.
  • I heard a lot of students trying to justify their iPad purchase without knowing the long term impact to their study habits.
  • I began to find my natural ways of using the iPad after 100 days.
  • Nowadays (i.e. after 1 year using iPad), I think the best iPad app for me would be Flipboard. This is my Digital Newspaper and my reading material at home.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the comparison. really helps me in justifying why i shld not buy ipad2 but go for macbook air instead. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naxerul - You have made a wise choice... MBA first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, really like what You write in this comparison...however, josh has some other view that maybe You might to check about...

    Macbook Air vs iPad2

    warm regards...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...