Konova

Monday, December 27, 2010

FACETIME iPhone 4 - Waiting for Activation Error

  • It seems quite a number of users a facing this problem.
  • In Malaysia, there are many cases especially for Celcom subscribers. Officially - only Maxis and Digi are selling iPhone 4. Celcom has yet to officially launch their iPhone 4.
  • My theory for those who are not able to get their Facetime activated is probably either due to the SMSC is unable to send the activation code to the users or Celcom is intentionally blocked this activation for the time being.
  • Blocking Facetime activation is a way to deter customers from buying Celcom's competitors iPhone 4.
  • That's my 2 cents worth of theory.
  • I purchased the iPhone 4 months ago and have no problem activating Facetime on my Celcom line. I think this problem just recently occurred for the new users.

4 comments:

  1. I believe its got something to do with the carrier profiles. Prior to updating to 4.2/4.2.1, the Carrier (Settings>General>About) was listed as version 8.xx (no Carrier name in front of the version) and Facetime was functioning fine. The carrier name at the top of my phone said MY CELCOM (all in caps).

    After updating to 4.2.1 I recall getting a carrier update as well, and now the Carrier said "Celcom 9.1". The carrier name at the top of my phone changed to "Celcom" (no more caps) and FaceTime could not be activated.

    I guess that since Celcom is not an official iPhone provider, FaceTime somehow does not work. That being said, hopefully they WILL be an official provider soon since there are specific Carrier Profiles for their network (Celcom 9.1).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Do you mean that if I upgraded to 4.2.1, I will lose of Facetime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im on maxis and i bought the phone outside MY (US).. When i go to Setting>Phone>Facetime it say waiting for activation. Please help. Im on Iphone 4 4.0

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...