Below are the reasons why I am thinking Apple might release their upcoming product which can combine both capability:
- Apple Launchpad - This feature has been there even before Mavericks but never being used extensively. Reason being, Launchpad is meant to be use just like the iOS device (iPad and iPhone) with a touch screen.
- What's after Mavericks 10.9? It could be the total revamp of Mac OS X that might be called Mac OS X 11.0. This is a big jump.
- iPad Air - The name "Air" itself have already being given an indication that its the tablet version of "Macbook Air".
- Power savings technology by Apple - great strides with their new way of power savings
- Common 64-bit architecture.
What do you think? Does it make sense? Will it be available next year (2014) or 2015? Its unlikely to be 2014 since Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 just being release this year. We would expect another two years before a total revamp Mac OS X will be announce.