Konova

Saturday, February 5, 2011

HOW-TO: Avoid FACETIME iPhone 4 Waiting for Activation Error

It was earlier reported that most owners who have problem with "Waiting Activation Error" either because the devices are new (as compared to others who bought much earlier) or they have updated the "Carrier" during the Restore or Upgrade firmware process.

I suspected its due to "Carrier Update" because I encountered this message earlier today when I attempted to upgrade my Firmware to 4.2.1 but I chose to ignore. However, it proved to be wise because when I tested Facetime - it works!

I heard some iphone owners (Celcom customers) who chose to upgrade their "Carrier" is unable to get their Facetime feature back.

5 comments:

  1. Question, I have a iphone 4 from US, and i using maxis as my carrier. Using 4.0 Firmware, and got the "waiting for activation Error.. Its jailbreak so i cant go to applecare rite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you can't since you Maxis doesn't support iPhone bought from some place else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owh, thats a real letdown, so if iphone 5 is available, ur recommendation is to buy it from carrier lawh? Thank btw Edoras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird but Malaysia Online Apple Store don't have iPhone Apple care --> http://store.apple.com/my/browse/home/applecare

    If if they have, a Jailbroken device is not supported.

    And yes - buying from the local telco ceratinly give you a peace of mind...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...