- Notcom, the developer behind TinyUmbrella released a new tool called TinyCFW.
- What TinyCFW is that it prevents any errors and looping when downgrading iPad 2 GSM / CDMA or iPhone 4 GSM / CDMA from iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0 to iOS 4.3.3 to get their jailbreak.
- The reason why many of you might want to downgrade their iPad 2 from iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 4.3.3 is that because there’s no any jailbreak available for iPad 2 except Comex’s JailbreakMe 3.0 which only works on iOS 4.3.3.
- So if you’re one of those who accidently updated to iOS 5.x, having iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs and want to downgrade back, TinyCFW makes this process easier by creating a custom firmware that will be able to be recognized by TinyUmbrella so that the device can be downgraded.
- iPhone 4 reasons might want to downgrade back to iOS 4.3.3 so that they get untethered jailbreak which is only available on that version.
- However, pod2g and Dev-Team already released an untethered jailbreak for all A4 devices so ther's no reason to downgrade.
What TinyCFW is:
- It will modify an existing ipsw for an ipad2 gsm/cdma or iphone4 gsm/cdma
- It WILL modify the ipsw TO UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND TO THE LATEST!
- It will create an ipsw that you can use with TinyUmbrella AND iTunes to restore to a version of iOS that you have SHSHs for.
- It is primarily for iPad2 with a baseband OR iPhone 4.
- A jailbreak
- An unlock
- A tool to protect your baseband.
- A tool that will restore your device to any firmware
- A tool for use with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad, or iPhone 4S
Steps To Downgrade iPad 2 / iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 To iOS 4.3.3
STEP 1: Download the required files below:
- Download iOS 4.3.3 for iPad 2 or iPhone 4 from here.
- Download TinyUmbrella (Windows / Mac)
- Download TinyCFW (Windows - Jar)
- Download iTunes from here.
STEP 2: Now start TinyCFW (note: you must have java installed and at least 2.5 GB of RAM). Once it opens, hit the top button and choose iOS 4.3.3 IPSW.
STEP 3: Now click on the second button so that TinyCFW will tell you the firmware and baseband versions.
STEP 4: Click on ‘Save Target IPSW’ then wait two minutes and you’ll get a file named:
STEP 5: Now open Tinyumbrella and make iTunes look at Cydia’s Server from the “Advanced” options.
STEP 6: Plug your iPad 2, switch it off, and put it in DFU mode.
STEP 7: Finally open iTunes and select the custom firmware you created above to restore your iPad 2.
- Once restored, you’llget your iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.3.
- You can then head to JailbreakMe.com and start jailbreaking your device