"iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000001)."
Here’s a series of test which I have done to isolate what’s the main problem.
There are 2 USB ports on my MBA (name as USB#1 and USB#2).
When connect to USB#2:
- iTunes gave error above.
- iPhoto is able to recognize the iPhone.
- DiskAid unable to recognize the iPhone.
- Delete and Reinstall iTunes - doesn’t work.
- Reset PRAM and run Disk Utility (Repair Permissions) - doesn’t work either.
- All other USB devices such as Sony Camera and iPad has no problem.
- iTunes recognize the iPhone! Can sync with no problem,
- iTunes also recognize both iPad (when both are connected)
The only thing left to do is to Restore the iPhone 4 or DFU and upgrade to the latest Firmware 4.3.3.
But... before I do this, can anyone here help me out? Any suggestion?
Finally, I decided to try upgrade and Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 using Pwnage 4.3.3.
However, the iTunes still failed to recognize the iPhone 4.